What is Co-Active Coaching?
Being vs. Doing
In Co-Active coaching we focus on the balance between “being” and “doing” – on what your best state of being is, and how you take action out into the world from that place. How do you best show up in life so that you can move forward with resolve toward your goals?
One of the fundamental cornerstones we keep returning to in Co-active Coaching is the assumption that we are all naturally creative, resourceful and whole.
Coaching is a Fit for You if:
• You are looking for support as you take the next step forward toward your personal and professional goals.
• You are feeling stuck and are ready to shift into action.
• You are ready to take responsibility and do the work.
• You are seeking clarity and purpose for living a fulfilled life.
• You are in transition, looking for objective support in your process.
• You are longing to build a better relationship with yourself and others.
What are the Benefits of a Coaching Relationship?
Receiving support and encouragement – for you to celebrate your strengths, and call forth parts of yourself that are longing for fuller expression.
Developing compassion and accountability – helping you to stand up to and expand your limiting beliefs, helping you to see an issue from a new perspective.
Giving you an ally in the process – honouring your values, encouraging you to make empowered choices and get into action.
Coaching vs. Therapy
Coaching is not therapy, although there are aspects of the coaching process that may feel therapeutic. In coaching, we explore the present and focus on moving forward. Emotions naturally arise when we are talking about life-purpose and living fully engaged lives. In the coaching conversation, we honour those emotions and see how they inform the moment for deeper awareness. Working with a coach can be a great supplement for therapy but is not a substitute.